Spotlight Service: Invisalign
Invisalign is a popular orthodontic treatment among teens and adults due to its discreet nature and comfortable fit. Invisalign utilizes a series of custom-made, clear aligners to shift teeth into the desired position gradually.
This blog post will discuss Invisalign’s benefits and how it can help you achieve your desired smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a well-known orthodontic procedure that straightens teeth using a series of clear, fitted aligners. Invisalign aligners are practically invisible and removable, unlike traditional braces, which employ brackets and wires, making them a popular option for discreet orthodontic treatment.
Dental problems like overcrowding, gaps between teeth, and misaligned bites can be successfully treated with Invisalign.
Benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces
Are you considering orthodontic treatment but hesitant to commit to traditional braces? Invisalign might be the solution for you. Here are five benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces:
1. Aesthetics: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, while traditional braces are noticeable and can draw unwanted attention to your teeth.
2. Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, flexible plastic that is custom-fit to your teeth. They don’t have metal brackets or wires that can cause irritation and discomfort associated with traditional braces.
3. Convenience: With Invisalign, you can remove the aligners whenever you eat, drink, or brush your teeth. It means no dietary restrictions or difficulty cleaning your teeth during treatment.
4. Predictable results: Invisalign uses 3D imaging technology to create a customized treatment plan, ensuring predictable and accurate results. Traditional braces may require more adjustments to achieve the desired outcome.
5. Shorter treatment time: While treatment time can vary depending on individual needs, Invisalign typically requires less time than traditional braces.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners made from a smooth, comfortable, and nearly invisible plastic material that fits snugly over your teeth. These aligners gradually shift your teeth into the desired position without using metal brackets and wires.
First, your dentist or orthodontist will take digital impressions of your teeth using a 3D scanner. These images will create a custom treatment plan, including a series of aligners you’ll wear over several months.
You need to wear each set of aligners for around two weeks, then switch to the next set in the series. Your teeth will shift into the desired position as you progress through your treatment plan.
The Invisalign treatment process
If you’re considering Invisalign, you may wonder what the treatment process entails. Here’s an overview of what you can generally expect. Keep in mind that all practices operate differently so it’s best to check with your provider to see how they approach your treatment.
1. Consultation: Your dentist or orthodontist will examine your teeth and discuss your treatment goals. They’ll let you know if Invisalign is a good fit for your needs.
2. Scanning: Your dentist will create a 3D image of your teeth using a digital scanner. This will be used to create your custom Invisalign aligners.
3. Treatment plan: Based on your scan, your dentist will develop a treatment plan that outlines how long you’ll wear your aligners and how your teeth will move over time.
4. Receiving your aligners: Your aligners will be custom-made and sent to your dentist. You’ll return to their office to receive your first set of aligners and learn how to wear and care for them.
5. Wearing your aligners: You’ll wear each set for 20-22 hours daily, switching to a new set every 1-2 weeks. You’ll also visit your dentist periodically to ensure your treatment progresses.
6. Finishing treatment: Once you’ve completed your treatment plan, your dentist may recommend wearing a retainer to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their original position.
Tips for Maintaining oral hygiene with Invisalign
Here are five tips for maintaining oral hygiene with Invisalign:
1. Brush and floss regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily to remove any food particles and plaque that can accumulate around the aligners. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid damaging the aligners.
2. Clean your aligners: Rinse them with lukewarm water every time you remove them to avoid bacterial growth. Clean them with a soft-bristled toothbrush, non-abrasive toothpaste, or the recommended cleaning solution.
3. Avoid smoking or chewing gum with aligners on. Smoking can cause stains on your aligners, and gum can stick to them, making cleaning difficult. Avoid these habits while wearing your aligners.
4. Carry a travel-sized dental kit: To maintain oral hygiene on the go, carry a travel-sized dental kit with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss. It will help you clean your teeth and aligners after meals, even when you’re not at home.
At CD Dental Care, we understand the importance of having a confident smile. That’s why we offer Invisalign as one of our spotlight services. We’re committed to providing exceptional dental care to help you achieve your dream smile.
Contact us today for more information, or visit our website. We’d love to help you achieve the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve.
Contact Your Dentist In North York Today
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
© 2024 CD Dental Care